Pumpkin is a delicious and nutritional powerhouse menu item for fall and winter. Serendipity Catering, who prefer to use vegetarian over meat dishes, make their bolognese with pumpkin to create heartiness and richness in this pasta dish.
Chef Austin Cueto has created a delicious Pumpkin Bolognese with Fresh Sage and Pecan Gremolata. He uses Infinite Harvest Basil Microgreens for its sweet but slightly bitter note and Red Rambo Radish for a bit of spice and a pop of color. Adding microgreens to recipes add delicate texture and intense flavor.
- Rigatoni pasta
- Mirepoix (onion, carrot, and celery) with pumpkin
- Butter and cream
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin puree
- Infinite Harvest’s Basil Microgreens and Red Rambo Radish
- Cut the pumpkin before peeling it. Chop, cook in water, and puree.
- Sautee the mirepoix vegetable in butter.
- Add the pumpkin puree.
- Add sage and parsley. Season with lemon.
- Add cooked rigatoni pasta.
- Finish with butter and cream.
- Plate the cooked dish.
- Top with parmesan, pumpkin seeds, and Infinite Harvest microgreens.
And be sure to take a photo of your microgreens recipes and tag @infiniteharvest on social.
Inside this Microgreens Recipe
About Chef Austin Cueto
Chef Austin Cueto studied at the school of culinary arts at Johnson & Wales University, Denver, CO. The beginning of Austin’s training was rigorous in the techniques of a classical brigade kitchen at venues such as The Sage & Onion in Santa Barbara, CA. Austin was Executive Chef of the Kevin Taylor Restaurant Group from 2006 -2018. He also headed the culinary department of the Denver Art Museum from 2011-2018. Most recently, he was the Executive Chef of Quality Italian in Denver’s Cherry Creek neighborhood.
Where to Buy Infinite Harvest Microgreens
Infinite Harvests’ microgreens and living lettuces can be ordered online and picked up at the company’s vertical farm in Lakewood, CO Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
NOW available at Whole Foods Market
Infinite Harvest microgreens are available for purchase at select grocery stores along the Colorado front range and at over30 Whole Foods Market locations in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas.
If you like to be part of our Chef Spotlight series please email:
You might also like
- Hearty Citrus Salad with Microgreens Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Microgreens Recipe
- Holiday Cocktail: Serendipity’s Microgreens Recipe
- Microgreens, a Polyphenol Powerhouse